🔪 Heads Up 🔪

Welcome to the Freakshow!

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Movie Review : The Avengers (2012)

The Avengers, a fanboy's biggest dream come true

Director : Joss Whedon
Starring : Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Clark Gregg, Cobie Smulders, Stellan Skarsgård, Samuel L. Jackson
Studio : Marvel Studios
Distributed by : Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Release Date : May 4, 2012 (United States)



Plot: Earth's mightiest heroes must come together and learn to fight as a team to stop the mischievous Loki and his alien army from taking over and enslaving humanity.





I was never a fan of Marvel's The Avengers (2012) when it originally came out in theaters. I didn't even understood what the fuss was all about then. I never even watched it in full. Whenever I try to watch it, I end up being confused. For me, I felt like the movie was too cluttered because there's so many characters in it and I don't know who to put my focus at. I thought, so what if they've got all these superheroes together in one single movie. I mean, it's not a big deal.

But after three years from it's original release, I have finally decided to watch the movie in full. I literally have to force myself to buy a DVD of it and watch it in full- no pauses, no restroom breaks - sitting in front of our television for a complete two and a half hour. Because later that day, I am gonna be watching it's sequel, Age Of Ultron.
And I must admit, I totally hated myself after watching it. I mean, why am I the only person on Earth who haven't seen this film for more than three freaking years!
So that is the reason why I am writing this review just now. Yes. I am a newly converted fan of The Avengers. And here's why.


The Powerhouse Cast
Okay. I'm sorry but we really have to start with the cast. I mean, it's got big names in it unlike any other superhero film out there. It's got some of my favorite Hollywood actors like Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth and Oh, my God... Scarlett Johhansson! Of course, I would definitely fall in love with it right away. ( Sorry but I'm no fan of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man.)

I just loved each and every one of them in this film. I love the way they interact with each other. I love the way they fight over stuff. and I love how they joke and goof around. Chris Evans as Captain America/ Steve Rogers has been my favorite Marvel character ever (next is Andrew Garfield's Amazing Spiderman). Then, there's Tom Hiddleston as the mischievous Loki. I love how he makes fun out of other people, in a really twisted way. He just looks so wicked in that costume with the Antler thing. And of course, last but definitely not the least, Scarlett Johhansson as Black Widow. Witty. Sexy. Deadly. The only female Avenger (until the sequel) whom any fanboy would give everything he has just to marry her. I love how she stands tall among this group of testosterone-pumped men. And BTW, the red hair... wow.


Cartoonish Humor
Another aspect that made The Avengers appeal to almost everyone is it's humor. From children to adult audiences, anyone will appreciate the jokes that our mightiest heroes are throwing at each other.
Remember the first time Iron Man met Thor, and eventually mocks his Asgardian outfit?
Thor: "You don't know who you're dealing with."
Iron Man: "Uh...Shakespeare in the Park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"
How about when Captain America meets the Asgardian God of Thunder with that suit and cape...
Captain America:
There's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like "that."


Stunning Visuals
Of course, one of the biggest thing that makes up a superhero movie. The visuals.
And The Avengers is definitely in for that. I mean, for a budget of $220 Million, they could go very far with that. And they did.
The film is already full with explosion straight from the beginning as Loki steals the Tesseract from S.H.I.E.L.D,  causing their Research facility to blow up and collapse to the ground.
Then, there's the assault on the S.H.I.E.L.D's helicarrier. But the best part of the film displaying all the visual spectacle would be at the film's finale - as Loki opens a wormhole above Stark Tower to the Chitauri fleet in space, launching his invasion. Here all the mayhem are thrown in, crushing every building in New York along the way.
Skyscrapers go down. Cars blow up. Explosions and destruction are everywhere!



One of the best Marvel Villains
No doubt about it. Tom Hiddleston's Loki is definitely the best super villain from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I just loved how he pokes fun at his enemies but still look really threatening.
Also he has a really good back story here because we've been seeing him since Thor (2011). and since then, we have somehow grown to love him eventually due to his dark humor.

I must say that Tom Hiddleston really did a good job as the mischievous god Loki. He is one of the best choices Marvel has made for their MCU.


Verdict:
Although the first time I saw the film three years ago, I didn't really liked it (a lot), it really blew my mind after watching it in full today. It has all the good things that any fanboy can ask for in a superhero movie. It's just so fucking amazing. Sorry for the language but I'm literally running out of words that would be enough to describe this film.

It's just so awesome. Period.


I'm giving this film 5 out of 5 stars.


The Avengers (2012) - Trailer #3 [VO-HD] by Eklecty-City

No comments:

Post a Comment